Full Weather Station
For irrigation applications, the full weather station provides the most accurate calculation of evapo-transpiration (ET) and hence the most accurate control of your irrigation schedule.
The resultant ET value can be used to control the individual programs you select.
The complete weather station for irrigation applications includes the following sensors :
- Rain Gauge
- Light - Solar and UV
- Wind speed
- Wind direction.
The individual sensors of the weather station can also operate independently of each other to control the irrigation. For example:
- The light and temperature sensors can initiate an irrigation sequence once a threshold has been reached.
- The light sensor can control irrigation cycling by integrating the light power over time to give an energy level. Up to 8 energy level thresholds can be set to control 8 different irrigation programs.
- The wind sensor can disable irrigation based on direction and speed.
Basic Weather Station
The simplest weather station for ET calculation includes a rain gauge and a temperature sensor. This provides a simple inexpensive way to improve the efficiency of your irrigation.
As with the full weather station, programs can be selectively included or excluded from being controlled by the ET values.
The weather station can prevent irrigation for many days if there has been a period of high rainfall. Irrigation will be halted until the accumulated ET value over many days is equal to the rain fall count.
Environmental Weather Station
The full weather station for environmental control applications includes the following sensors :
- Light - solar and UV
- Wind speed and wind direction.
The raining sensor will detect rain fall immediately so the vents can be closed.
- The temperature sensor is used to control thermal screen and has control over the vents on temperature.
- Light power is used to control shading.
- Wind speed and direction will control the operation of vents. This weather station is available in simpler configurations. A common simplified configuration for this weather station includes a wind speed, a wind direction and a raining sensor.
Wind Weather Station
The Heron wind station consists of a wind direction, a wind speed sensor and the interface to connect to an irrigation controller.
This simple wind only weather station is ideal for applications such as dust suppression and controlling fountains.